Accepted & Understood!
We make use of cookies to provide the best possible experience for you and to gather analytics data. By continuing usage of this website you accept these cookies and our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Accepted & Understood!

Community » Forum » Feedback » Small improvements

XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
I've got some suggestions to improve some of the current systems; some have maybe been posted before but o-well.
Please add on to those ideas if you like.

Banks:
- Garantee deposits up to ~1K by the government if the bank owner goes under. (IRL most countries garantee up to 100K in this case).
- Allow for interest decention i.e. as the bank owner I'd like to set the following:
----------0 - 500 ------ 2% interest
------501 - 2.500 --- 1% interest
---2.500 - 10.000 - 0,5% interest
-10.000 + ------------ 0% interest
Most banks IRL would have the same sort of table (obviously with different numbers).
This prevents big deposits from draining the bank. Display these numbers on the banks main page.

- Disable 'send money' for banks with foreign (other players) deposits. You would have to cancel and pay them back before you can send money. This is atleast some prevention of scamming.
- Add a text field when applying for a loan to explain why you're applying and the interest rate you're hoping for (banks interest offer can still differ).
- Allow banks to offer a lower amount to a loan applicant, i.e. they want 500 and I only want to lend them 250. They would have to get the rest at a different place. This would be easier than having to recreate the whole application.
- Add an option (enable / disable) overall preference and per deposit to payout the interest in cash to prevent the bank draining from compound interest.
- Add an option (enable / disable) overall preference and per loan to split the interest with daily installment, i.e. the interest isn't added onto the loan but instead paid additional to the daily installment (makes it easier to decide on the installment). If edited after loan agreement - the loaner would have to agree.

Appartment companies:
- Show me who's renting the place in the contracts list.
- Allow me to increase / decrease individual rent in the contracts list (the renter would have to agree obviously).

Retail:
- Allow me to edit the offers (rather than having to cancel them to make a change).

Working:
- Reset at ~ 03:00 rather than individual 24 hours, this should benefit all players (as 24H is still the max waiting period) but with this they can work whenever during the day.
- Remove captcha completely or only do it when accepting the job, rather than each time you're working.
- Make applying easier by just clicking on 'apply' in the available jobs list.
- Make work easier by just clicking on 'work' in the 'my jobs' list.
- Add option (enable / disable - automatically enabled) to automatically work at your job as long as energy (and the job) is available at 02:55 (just before reset incase you wanted to switch job or w.e), this should hopefully increase amount of workers.

General overviews:
- Add general overviews for assets / cash / financials to make it easier to identify what is going on where (a lot of companies have a lot of subsidiaries). If you have trouble imagining how to clearly display the information - let me know.
fnx5STvz
Millionaire   VIP
Good feedback XCDC,

Employers:
- Managing a lot of companies is time consuming, need to click on each individual company -> manage, etc. just go get the information about your assets. Included in the list of assets should be information about how much money you are depositing to banks.
- A way for a company to give a salary increase/decrease and bonus based on performance.
- Not necessary agreeing with removing the captcha as that could increase bots, it may be interesting to disable the captcha if you have worked at the company for x length of time.

An indication of the health of the ecosystem would be interesting. Some ways could be providing some statistics (current active users, count of users logged in during the last 24 hours, number of jobs worked per day)
Admin
Game Staff
Quoting XDCD:
- Garantee deposits up to ~1K by the government if the bank owner goes under. (IRL most countries garantee up to 100K in this case).

I believe we unfortunately cannot do this, because people would easily rob the government off of 1k money.

Quoting XDCD:
- Allow for interest decention i.e. as the bank owner I'd like to set the following:
----------0 - 500 ------ 2% interest
------501 - 2.500 --- 1% interest
---2.500 - 10.000 - 0,5% interest
-10.000 + ------------ 0% interest
Most banks IRL would have the same sort of table (obviously with different numbers).
This prevents big deposits from draining the bank. Display these numbers on the banks main page.

This is an interesting idea, and I have put it on my "maybe" list. :-)

Quoting XDCD:
Disable 'send money' for banks with foreign (other players) deposits. You would have to cancel and pay them back before you can send money. This is atleast some prevention of scamming.

They can purchase stuff anyway, so it would only be of limited help.

Quoting XDCD:
Add a text field when applying for a loan to explain why you're applying and the interest rate you're hoping for (banks interest offer can still differ).
- Allow banks to offer a lower amount to a loan applicant, i.e. they want 500 and I only want to lend them 250. They would have to get the rest at a different place. This would be easier than having to recreate the whole application.

These are planned for a future update.

Quoting XDCD:
- Add an option (enable / disable) overall preference and per deposit to payout the interest in cash to prevent the bank draining from compound interest.
- Add an option (enable / disable) overall preference and per loan to split the interest with daily installment, i.e. the interest isn't added onto the loan but instead paid additional to the daily installment (makes it easier to decide on the installment). If edited after loan agreement - the loaner would have to agree.

Again, I have put these on my "maybe" list.

Quoting XDCD:
Appartment companies:
- Show me who's renting the place in the contracts list.
- Allow me to increase / decrease individual rent in the contracts list (the renter would have to agree obviously).

The reason the renter's name isn't show is that there can't be any favouritism as to who can live where. But maybe that can be changed and individual pricing enabled, not sure about that at all though.

Quoting XDCD:
Retail:
- Allow me to edit the offers (rather than having to cancel them to make a change).

This is on the TODO for the future.

Quoting XDCD:
Working:
- Reset at ~ 03:00 rather than individual 24 hours, this should benefit all players (as 24H is still the max waiting period) but with this they can work whenever during the day.
- Remove captcha completely or only do it when accepting the job, rather than each time you're working.
- Make applying easier by just clicking on 'apply' in the available jobs list.
- Make work easier by just clicking on 'work' in the 'my jobs' list.
- Add option (enable / disable - automatically enabled) to automatically work at your job as long as energy (and the job) is available at 02:55 (just before reset incase you wanted to switch job or w.e), this should hopefully increase amount of workers.

The reset-at-a-specific time every day is planned. We will also remove the captcha from VIP players, and introduce a "work next job" link to the job page, so you can quickly go through all your jobs.

Quoting XDCD:
General overviews:
- Add general overviews for assets / cash / financials to make it easier to identify what is going on where (a lot of companies have a lot of subsidiaries). If you have trouble imagining how to clearly display the information - let me know.

A draft of what exactly you mean would be nice.

Quoting fnx5STvz:

- Managing a lot of companies is time consuming, need to click on each individual company -> manage, etc. just go get the information about your assets. Included in the list of assets should be information about how much money you are depositing to banks.
- A way for a company to give a salary increase/decrease and bonus based on performance.
- An indication of the health of the ecosystem would be interesting. Some ways could be providing some statistics (current active users, count of users logged in during the last 24 hours, number of jobs worked per day)

- How would you improve the interface?
- This is on the TODO for the future.
- We have these statistics on the ModCP, maybe I will make some of the data public when the values seem less pathetic. :-)
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Thanks Gluten, hope to see some updates soon:)

I'll sketch a draft of the general overview I was talking about during the weekend.

As promised I'll post a bunch of ideas in the next couple days / weeks.

Lets start with improving another already implemented feature:
You introduced CEO and director functions, that's an awesome feature, and I would definitely like to hire a director in a couple of my companies.
The problem is, currently a director has too much access and can easily drain the company of all assets.
It would be great to set limits for the director (as options, not mandatory as some people probably like that the director has all access).
Options I would like to see:
- Director can only suggest, rather than pay, dividend (CEO will get a notification) - On / Off
- Director can only suggest, rather than send, money (CEO will get a notification) - On / OFf
- CEO can set a limit on wages (ex. min 5 USD max 10 USD per worker), director can work within the limits.
- CEO can disable or set a limit the exchange (limit to which items the director can buy / sell and in which price range they can handle).
- CEO can 'enable' the option to be notified if director has been offline for X days.
- CEO can set production goals - i.e. 2K cement a day, and be notified if these are not reached.
- CEO can set a bonus for the director based on production goals and wage they paid, for example:
I set a goal of 1.5K cement a day, max wages 10 USD, if the director produces the 1.5K cement at 10 USD wages (cost: 100 USD for 1.5K cement) he will get 10 USD bonus.
Though, if he only paid 8 USD wages (cost 80 USD for 1.5K cement) I'll want him to get ~50% of the savings, or 10 USD in this case.
That way a it'll help motivate the director to do well and pay attention to wages eventhough they might not own shares.
- CEO can limit or disable the ability for the director to use private trades.
- CEO can limit the amount the director can spend on advertising (i.e. 50 USD / Day)
- In case of appartment / retail companies, the CEO should be able to set minimum prices the director can use.

If you can think of any more possible limitations a CEO can set for the directors please add them to the list :)
All settings should be able to be saved to a 'profile' to easily implement the same settings on each company, and easily edited in all companies if the profile gets updated.
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Couple more suggestions:

--
Real estate company
- Ability to rent buildings (apartments / retail) to other companies for x a day during a set term (i.e. 30 days, extended if not canceled by either the owner or renter).
- Ability to 'auction' the rent - i.e. let people bid how much they're willing to pay per day for the 30 days.
- If not paid for 3 days (within the 30 day period) cancel the rent.

--
The auction is great, players need more access to it.
- Ability to auction off land / companies / shares / goods etc.

--
Workers are still limited to mainly the top 5, even with the boost drinks (they help a bit but not enough), so maybe this will help abit:
- NPC workers for anyone paying atleast 50% wage of the top wage that has jobs available (make sure there's atleast one govt. company with plenty of jobs available at a decent rate to avoid abuse).
About NPC workers:
- The company has to enable whether or not they want NPC workers.
- At production management there should be a seperate box for the amount of NPC jobs / day you'd like.
- NPC's work at the same wage as players, but only produce ~40% to ~80% of the goods - should be both a little random and depending on the wages paid (compared to the top wage).
- NPC's work during the planned 'reset' at midnight.
- IF you think it'll get abused you could implement a max to total NPC jobs and spread them randomly.
BillM
Beginner   VIP
As a noob here I wanted to chip in with a few thoughts too

The process of setting up a company was confusing to me, even after reading the documentation. It seems that one must either sell goods produced on the exchange - or find somebody willing to act as the middleman to sell the items. This would have been good to be more clear.

Heartily greatful for the “next job”button, good time saving upgrade. The captchas are annoying but I can see how it’s hard to prevent gaming of the system without.

I liked the ideas posted about limits/restrictions on Directors of companies - right now the Director is more like a COO with lots of power.

Will NPCs purchase from the exchange as well?

Thanks for continuing to tweak the simulation and glad that it’s not Gluten-free. (I’ve been waiting this whole post to make that pun)
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
A couple more ideas :)

Adding onto the NPC workers:
- Amount of NPC workers should influence demand for food / energy / med kits etc. by NPC's (to counter the outgoing money flow).
And will mention it some more during the rest of this post.

Adding to auction:
- Allow the player to auction companies etc. and set a time frame / minimum bid.
- Allow the buyer to change the company name (once).

--
Minimum increments on exchange and auctions:
Avoid price wars over 0.001 difference by implementing minimum increments.
Increments should depend on the item:
Resources (cement / electrics): 0.01
Food / Drink: 0.1
Med kit / flu: 0.5
Company shares: 0.01
Wages: 0.1
Auctions: 1 (or more depending on the value of the item)
Display the minimum increment during the buy / sell process

--
Upgrade option for appartment buildings to luxury appartments.
Cost:
25.000 Wood / 10-20 beds / and some cement / electrics etc (depending on appartment size ofc.)
- Lux appartments will restore 20% (or more) energy daily
- Lux appartments allow the player to take a 'nap' - adding the possibility to work two extra jobs.
- Lux appartments require upkeep of x resources a day (through a contruction company) lux appartments that havn't paid for upkeep for 3 days (within a 30 day period) lose their bonus and the renters get free stay untill fixed.
- Lux appartments require an upkeep contract with a contruction company (price x day - only paid if the construction company has resources available) - notification if construction company doesn't have the resources and cant comply to both the appartment owner and construction company owner.
Why? This will allow a little and add more posibilities to get workers and add a little demand to resources (won't reduce the need for food much).

--
New resource: Wood
Uses: luxury appartments / future ideas
Produce per job: 50 to 150?

--
New product: Bed
Uses: luxuray appartments
Produce per job: 0.1
Demand in retail by NPC's: slightly higher than med kits.

--
Randomized demand on exhange
- Add some demand to the exchange - only buy 'right away' rather than setting awaiting orders, doesn't have to be much, just enough to look a little more active:)
- Within certain prices ranges per product ofc.
- For all products and currencies, frequency (rather than big stacks) can be different per product ofc.
- Base demand on population and NPC workers

--
Housing for the NPC workers:
- Each appartment has space for 10x players and 10x NPC (rather than just players), prices are identical.
- Based on amount of NPC workers used in the last ~5 days.
- Within a certain price range ofc. (and willingness to pay a little extra for lux. appartments IF wages are decent in comparison).

--
Offices
- Owning multiple companies is great but doing all the work from inside your appartment is crazy.
- Building offices require land - just like apartments - 10 available per building
- Only holdings can rent offices.
- Renting an office benefits your companies by increasing production by (random 1 to 10% per worker) if the holding has more than 50% shares.
- Not having an office, while owning 10+ companies, could reduce effectiveness (production minus 1 to 10% per worker)
- Could add a couple (expensive) items, such as desks, computers etc. to increase effectiveness a little more.
- Offices - just like luxury appartments, require upkeep and an upkeep contract with a construction company.
fnx5STvz
Millionaire   VIP
There has been a lot of conversation around NPC, are there NPC players currently? How would you recognize if an NPC purchased from your retail store / contracted with your apartment etc?
BillM
Beginner   VIP
I’ve got a worker who signed on with the suffix “bot” on their name — not sure if that is the indicator or not ..
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting fnx5STvz:
There has been a lot of conversation around NPC, are there NPC players currently? How would you recognize if an NPC purchased from your retail store / contracted with your apartment etc?

Currently there's just 'the government' buying a few items from retail shops.

Quoting BillM:
I’ve got a worker who signed on with the suffix “bot” on their name — not sure if that is the indicator or not ..

Nope, just a player.
1 2