Any ideas as to where and how we can market the game are welcome.
Not to be mean, but, currently it seems like the game isn't suitable for mass market just yet.
So I would suggest to improve the game a little more before marketing towards the next wave of players in order to get a higher retention rate.
The game got tested in the last ~ week with a couple more players, but that proved the game isn't well suited for higher amounts of players just yet.
Few of the main issues that arrived with the increased player count, which quickly stopped many people from playing, are:
- As soon as more players join, and because everyone needs workers to progress, the wage market is stuffed towards zero profit.
- Not much / basically nothing - a player can do right after they worked their jobs (if wages proved to be less than &gt;40 total that day), thus 10 minutes of game-play before waiting 24 hours, a lot of people didn't bother coming back after those 24 hours.
- Not much to aim for and progress is too slow to keep players interested.
- Banks cannot be trusted, no regulation, no restrictions.
- If someone didn't bother buying food - because they bought a company too quickly after working, and are left with zero energy and can not do anything anymore.
The first three are the most important issues that need sorting to retain at least a few more players during the next wave of marketing.
Aside from that, next time you're marketing the game, I would suggest to open a discord or telegram server (both free) to keep in touch and quickly communicate with the newer players (usually more informal and accessible than forums).
Hope to see many more updates soon, if you need any input on any problems or issues, just say so :-)