Accepted & Understood!
We make use of cookies to provide the best possible experience for you and to gather analytics data. By continuing usage of this website you accept these cookies and our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Accepted & Understood!

Community » Forum » Feedback » Population is decreasing - what can we do?

JayJay
Pleb
The global population decreased steadily in the last days, this slows everything down and takes the fun out of the game. Are there plans to attract new players? Otherwise I don't see a future for the game.
moneygay
Pleb
how did you get so much money so fast jayjay?
i agree, not alot of activity
fryte
Pleb
Quoting JayJay:
The global population decreased steadily in the last days, this slows everything down and takes the fun out of the game. Are there plans to attract new players? Otherwise I don't see a future for the game.

The concept and core mechanics are great but it’s not friendly to newbies. It’s impossible to buy land or create sustainable wealth fast. Before attracting players we need to find ways to keep them.

There are probably some easy ways to spike the population like Gluten did with the hacker news post.
Admin
Game Staff
Any ideas as to where and how we can market the game are welcome.
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting Gluten:
Any ideas as to where and how we can market the game are welcome.

Not to be mean, but, currently it seems like the game isn't suitable for mass market just yet.
So I would suggest to improve the game a little more before marketing towards the next wave of players in order to get a higher retention rate.

The game got tested in the last ~ week with a couple more players, but that proved the game isn't well suited for higher amounts of players just yet.
Few of the main issues that arrived with the increased player count, which quickly stopped many people from playing, are:
- As soon as more players join, and because everyone needs workers to progress, the wage market is stuffed towards zero profit.
- Not much / basically nothing - a player can do right after they worked their jobs (if wages proved to be less than >40 total that day), thus 10 minutes of game-play before waiting 24 hours, a lot of people didn't bother coming back after those 24 hours.
- Not much to aim for and progress is too slow to keep players interested.
- Banks cannot be trusted, no regulation, no restrictions.
- If someone didn't bother buying food - because they bought a company too quickly after working, and are left with zero energy and can not do anything anymore.

The first three are the most important issues that need sorting to retain at least a few more players during the next wave of marketing.

Aside from that, next time you're marketing the game, I would suggest to open a discord or telegram server (both free) to keep in touch and quickly communicate with the newer players (usually more informal and accessible than forums).

Hope to see many more updates soon, if you need any input on any problems or issues, just say so :-)
licinusC
Pleb
Quoting XDCD:
[quote=Gluten]

The first three are the most important issues that need sorting to retain at least a few more players during the next wave of marketing.

Agreed.

The game needs to move a bit faster. I know that's vague and general.

I'd recommend developing an ideal 7-day timeline for new player. What should they do on Day 1? Day 2?

What series of actions and achievement path will create satisfaction enabling higher retention?

Unless you own companies, once you work your 5 jobs you can't do much at all. There needs to be a faster way to engage with the non-limited aspects of the game.

The simplest idea I have for that is to vastly accelerate the economy. Increase the speed of buying and selling, the amount of money entering the system.

I don't have any specific ideas, but that's my opinion as a relatively high-usage player that came in from HN.
evilcorp
Pleb
I think that we should be able to work as many jobs as you want in a day but in five lot batches. e.g you work 5 jobs each time you work it decreases your energy and health. To get access to the next five jobs you should have to sleep. Sleeping would require housing and full energy (sleeping could make your health go up slightly?) This would increase supply of production, increase demand for food and housing, and maybe normalize the economics of Medicine. It would also bring the game closer to cookie-clicker style in the sense that the harder you work the more returns you see, could possibly lead to attracting a larger fanbase that would stay around.
licinusC
Pleb
*Whoops* Double Post
fryte
Pleb
I would play way more if there was some wY to grind working. Maybe decreasing rewards or something?