Accepted & Understood!
We make use of cookies to provide the best possible experience for you and to gather analytics data. By continuing usage of this website you accept these cookies and our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Accepted & Understood!

Community » Forum » Feedback » Make the market competetive

Came here from HN.

I don't know exactly what needs to happen. Demand for each good probably needs to increase, production needs to decrease, Glutten needs to stop glutting the job and electric and concrete markets, we need to be able to see volume more granularly, etc.

This game is a lot of fun, and I have gotten about 6 people to get it, with 3 of us getting VIP, but if these things aren't addressed very promptly, then I doubt we will stick around.
MysticBix
Pleb
Yeah it seems he's been slowly trying to increase demand. Think he was trying to bring more cash in the game as it's been virtually impossible to really make enough cash to do much until he made the recent changes. Main goal at this point should be to let the demand of the economy grow while making sure the wealth gets dispersed so new players can build themselves.

I am still concerned about the land issue as even with some in auction in LA there might be one person that takes most of it.
Admin
Game Staff
The General X companies will stop offering new jobs from about now on. Do you think are any other immediate issues in the game that we should address?
Hey, I really appreciate the fast response!

I have a couple things that I think are worth considering, now that I and my friends have been playing more or less non-stop all day:

1) Items need more demand. Medicine and food are very rarely used, and their markets reflect it.

2) a) Jobs need to be harder to compare, b) there needs to be less mobility between them, c) and less incentive to fire workers who have higher wages.

a) As of now, if you aren't in the top 5 job slots, you don't get workers. There is basically no reason to limit your worker cap, as long as there is a market for the material you are producing, and even if there isn't, if you are confident that there will be and you have the capital, you still can occupy the top slots and keep others priced out. The only differentiator in jobs is wages. I am not sure what the solution to this is, but if/when you get a real player base, it will be excruciating to try to compete for workers when everyone has the same margins and the same requirement to be in the top 5.

b) as of now, there is no disincentive to quit your jobs each day and pick the new top 5 jobs. This means there is no incentive to set wages at a level across time, as opposed to setting them for this instant. This requires a lot of micro-managing on the part of both employers and workers.

c) same as b), but for the employers. If I have a bunch of employees from yesterday at a higher wage than the current market, you bet your ass I'm firing them all. Why would I not?

3) You should have staggered the LA auctions

4) We need more than 4 items

5) Owning a company with a different currency is currently very very painful. Also, there is no incentive to go to a different country other than property tax, and that doesn't affect businesses that don't have a physical location, so it's moot for most purposes.

I'm sure I'll think of more stuff.

Again, I am having a lot of fun, there are just some great frustrations, especially because I see huge potential if this is done right.
Any thoughts on the above?
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting Beefy_Swain:

2) a) Jobs need to be harder to compare, b) there needs to be less mobility between them, c) and less incentive to fire workers who have higher wages.

I wonder how you propose to achieve that without changing the whole 'work' situation.
The process of getting a job and the firing of employees need to be quick and easy to keep the game rolling.

Quoting Beefy_Swain:

5) Owning a company with a different currency is currently very very painful. Also, there is no incentive to go to a different country other than property tax, and that doesn't affect businesses that don't have a physical location, so it's moot for most purposes.

In my opinion multiple currencies are great and allow for different play-styles.
Though an automated currency exchange on certain things, such as bills, retail and exchange (showing exchange costs before submission) etc. would be welcome.
Maybe only after allowing it in your personal settings, using a min-max exchange range to prevent abuse.