Accepted & Understood!
We make use of cookies to provide the best possible experience for you and to gather analytics data. By continuing usage of this website you accept these cookies and our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Accepted & Understood!

Community » Forum » Help » Retail in Limbo

matheushk
Pleb
So, after a few days saving cash I went through with creating a retail waiting for the step where I'd choose the location but it never showed up. I've opened my retail and it isn't anywhere in the world. I also noticed that every single slot in every city has been taken even though there is nothing there.

Is that really how it was designed to be? Companies with void locations and empty cities? Shouldn't we at least get a warning that we'll have no address and no way to sell when we try to create a retail company?

Thanks for your attention.
Jabbawack
Entrepreneur   VIP
Perhaps try negotiating a price to purchase land from an existing land owner if none are made available.
matheushk
Pleb
I didn't see any option to try to buy so I assumed there were none. I'll try contacting some of the people who own the whole city then.
Dignifried
Pleb
It might be a good idea to place a heavy tax on vacant land. This would make it more costly to buy up a whole town on speculation.
lokee
Pleb
Quoting Jabbawack:
Perhaps try negotiating a price to purchase land from an existing land owner if none are made available.

matheushk, this is what companies want you to do. They'll buy out all vacant plots and resell the property to a buyer for a profit.
matheushk
Pleb
Makes sense. I'm trying to contact them now. :-)

Thanks.
Does the game allow us to lease land? I need to get a retail too asap.
matheushk
Pleb
Turns out the players who own New York aren't interested in selling. One didn't reply, one had plans for the land and one doesn't have plans but won't sell either.

I'm not very interested in playing this game as a recaptcha work simulator and business is unfeasible at the moment. There is no demand from companies and newbies can't have retail. I guess I'll wait and try the game again in a few months.

Good luck everyone. See you guys around.
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting matheushk:
Turns out the players who own New York aren't interested in selling. One didn't reply, one had plans for the land and one doesn't have plans but won't sell either.

I'm not very interested in playing this game as a recaptcha work simulator and business is unfeasible at the moment. There is no demand from companies and newbies can't have retail. I guess I'll wait and try the game again in a few months.

Good luck everyone. See you guys around.

Well, that's a shame, not being able to buy any of the vacant plots because of said reasons is a bummer.
Hopefully there will be some changes in that department.

Maybe set a term for something to be build within X days when owning a vacant plot else the vacant plot will get auctioned.
Or an tax for owning (vacant) plots, so it will be less attractive to hold multiple, or even exponential price (or tax) increase when owning multiple.

Besides that, really hope there will be a fix for the demand on the exchange soon, the economy is going downhill pretty fast at the moment as the job payouts are decreasing daily as well.
fnx5STvz
Millionaire   VIP
Hey XCDC, is the economy better or worse now compared to the previous post dated august 2017?
1 2