Accepted & Understood!
We make use of cookies to provide the best possible experience for you and to gather analytics data. By continuing usage of this website you accept these cookies and our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Accepted & Understood!

Community » Forum » Business » Fixing the Economy

TekkNin
Pleb
Since I've joined the game, it's been a race to the bottom. Due to limited options the only way to compete has been by lowering prices. This has create a situation where more money is leaving the game than coming in and net worth for most players is in consistent decline.

The solution? Expensive food...

Money flows out of the game through taxes and player death. Money flows into the game by new players and the government purchases a limited amount of food from retail stores each day. In order for the net flow of money to be positive, we need significantly larger margins on food to offset the outflow of taxes. I'm going to attempt to use my remaining cash to drive the cost of food (and therefor the margins) as high as I can. In exchange I'll do everything I can to keep jobs available at a reasonable wage so that the other players can afford food / rent / and medicine. I ask that other store owners try to do the same.

Since the economy is based on USD and I have my store and apartment in LA, I encourage players to move to LA. There are no longer enough active players to support 4 locations in 3 countries.

If this is successful, I'll sell shares in the store so that profits are shared and I'm not the only one benefiting similar to what I'm doing with my apartments.
So you're the one I have to thank for fixing the food market!

I will be buying food for consumption from your store from now on in return.
TekkNin
Pleb
Yup, buy it quick. Prices will be going up very soon.
fnx5STvz
Millionaire   VIP
Come to LA it's the place to be!
BillM
Beginner   VIP
I’m so broke right now and health at 9% that I’m not sure I can dig my way out.

Medicine boxes go for $150 (though I did spot one at $40) which is still triple my total assets on my best day

I haven’t been evicted this often since college. (J/k - I was never evicted.... that I recall)

Raising prices on food will add me to the Deadpool list, and I’m happy to contribute my corpse if that will help the economy but I’m not quite ready to throw in the towel yet.

Is there a food bank (or better still, a medicine bank) where I can get a hook up, or should I just write off this account and start anew?

Definitely I respect the thought that had gone into the game/simulation — have witnessed the economy near collapse since late November I think.

Cheers!
kodfishkod
Pleb
that wont fix this broken game
TekkNin
Pleb
BillM, the food bank and Medicaid have kicked in for you.

Kodfidhkod, you're right. The game needs some more development to be fixed, but trying to grow the economy will allow me and hopefully you guys to get a little more fun out of what we have.
k3nosis
Pleb
Thanks for trying to fix the economy. Driving the price of food up will hopefully in turn drive up wages. I've been able to pay my employees better thanks to the changes to food.
kodfishkod
Pleb
foods back to being affordable again
This is the highest I've seen wages since I began. Think it's a bubble?
1 2