Accepted & Understood!
We make use of cookies to provide the best possible experience for you and to gather analytics data. By continuing usage of this website you accept these cookies and our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
Accepted & Understood!

Community » Forum » Feedback » Public company regulation

fryte
Pleb
Now that IShares has stopped paying dividends, I feel like it was a bait-and-switch. Are there any plans to ensure public companies act in a reasonable way, like there is in real life?
MysticBix
Pleb
Not sure. Personally I sold all my public company shares as I'd be better off putting the cash in bank for now. I think public shares will have potential in the future it'll just take time.
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting fryte:
Now that IShares has stopped paying dividends, I feel like it was a bait-and-switch. Are there any plans to ensure public companies act in a reasonable way, like there is in real life?

Quoting IPO Rules:

RULES APPLY to public companies. The public company directors MUST work towards the favour of all shareholders. This means no withdrawing funds to particular owners, no shady loans or deposit, etc. Breaking these rules will lead to a banishment!

Not sure why you think IShares has stopped paying dividends or should be paying them at all, the company never promised anything.
Also, the company has never done anything to reduce it's value on purpose (it is even being subsidized for free by BlackRock).

Apart from a lot of company assets, IShares currently owns 6 high valuable plots of land in LA that will either go on sale (for a spectacular bid) or they will be turned into apartments for regular earnings, can't tell how soon since it requires quite a bit of (seemingly hard to get) resources.
Gaelan
Pleb
Where are the IPO rules?
Bill Rich
Pleb
It's yet to be made available as far as I know.
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting Gaelan:
Where are the IPO rules?

As soon as your company has a net value of over 20K the IPO option, along with the IPO rules, will appear.
fryte
Pleb
@XDCD there was no statement about dividends but there was regular dividends for a few days so I assumed (incorrectly?) that would continue.
XDCD
Millionaire   VIP
Quoting fryte:
@XDCD there was no statement about dividends but there was regular dividends for a few days so I assumed (incorrectly?) that would continue.

"Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups"

Anyway, I'm not saying there won't be more (irregular) dividends, just that the company is not promising anything on when :-)