Accepted & Understood!
We make use of cookies to provide the best possible experience for you and to gather analytics data. By continuing usage of this website you accept these cookies and our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.
OK!

Community » Forum » Business » Software for creating a simulation game?

10th Aug 2018 10:44:14
Hello,

This is just a hobby thing for me, so I don't have time to learn C++ from the ground up and "do it the right way". That's just not an option. I want something simple and straightforward.
I don't want to spend a lot of money, but I'm willing to drop $100 max. Ideally, I want something fairly intuitive. My programming background is pretty limited, and I don't have endless time to sink into the project. I've looked at a couple of game-making software packages, but most of them seem to be geared towards platformers or adventure/RPG games. I saw GameMaker: Studio on Steam, and that's probably my best lead right now. Are there any other software packages I should look for?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?t=1246561
Talent Acquisition Example

Thank you.
13th Aug 2018 01:00:47
Gamemaker and Unity are the two big "accessable" engines out right now. Both have free versions available that you can upgrade to the full version if you find them easy enough for you to learn. Pretty sure you have to hit their respective websites to get them, though. I think Gamemaker on Steam costs money up front.